Air rifles are great, but they’re also very dangerous and without proper training1, someone could easily lose an eye or worse!
It’s high time we went through the procedures required when handling or looking after an air rifle…
Handling an air rifle with care is essential, but cleaning them is also essential! Within this video, ShootingUK offer an in-depth look into rifle care: showing you the ins and outs of professional cleaning while sharing small pieces of information along the way for the novices out there.
As many places will tell you, there are rules you must follow when handling an air rifle:
- Always know where the muzzle of your air rifle is pointing and NEVER point it in an unsafe direction.
- The safe conduct of air rifle shooting must meet the standards described in this code, show respect for the countryside, due regard to health and safety and consideration for others.
- Before you shoot, make sure that a safe backstop is present to capture the pellet.
- Consider live quarry; do not shoot beyond the bounds of your ability.
- Consider your surroundings and who is amongst you.
This video, produced by UmarexAir shows you proper safety with air rifles; it provides some great tips and guidelines to work by when handling air rifles.